ARITY SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING STATEMENT
Arity International Limited (“Arity”) is pleased to present our Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement (“Statement”) for the financial year January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. This Statement covers the activities of Arity. It describes the steps Arity has already taken, as well as those we will take during this Financial Year, to ensure a zero-tolerance policy towards slavery and human trafficking within any part of Arity’s business or in any part of Arity’s supply chain. This Statement was approved by the Arity Board of Directors on March 22, 2019.
ARITY’S STRUCTURE, BUSINESS AND SUPPLY CHAINS
Arity is a mobility data and analytics company that provides data-driven solutions to companies invested in transportation to enable them to make mobility services smarter, safer, and more economical. Insurance companies, automobile OEMs, shared mobility companies, and governments turn to Arity to better understand driving behavior, manage risk, operate more safely, and ultimately increase their bottom line.
With global offices and a Chicago headquarters, Arity was incorporated in 2014 and launched in 2016 by The Allstate Corporation to be included as a member of the Allstate Family of Companies.
Arity’s supply chain is primarily comprised of service organizations within the United States.
STATEMENT ON SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING (THE “STATEMENT”)
Arity respects individual human rights and insists that our business partners do the same. It goes against everything we stand for to ignore our corporate obligation, in any jurisdiction or to knowingly contribute in some way to child labor, slavery or human trafficking. Arity recognizes and embraces its responsibilities relating to human rights, as an employer, purchaser of goods and services, investor, and a provider of insurance products and services. By supporting business partners who share our core values, and by pushing for fairness and equality wherever we operate around the world, we seek to be a positive influence for workers everywhere. That’s what our core values are all about. Arity suppliers are expected not only to provide safe and sanitary work environments, including rest and eating facilities; but are also expected to avoid using any form of forced or involuntary labor.
Arity does not engage in the use of child labor and expects its suppliers to employ workers who meet the minimum age requirements in any location.
Arity does not permit, condone or otherwise accept any form of slavery and/or human trafficking either by its employees, suppliers, agents or other entities with whom Arity does business. Arity is committed to preventing any form of slavery and/or human trafficking in its own activities and those of its suppliers.
DUE DILIGENCE PROCESSES
Arity utilizes the Allstate Family of Companies Sourcing and Procurement Solutions department. Arity reinforces its commitment to prevent slavery or human trafficking from taking place within our business or supply chain through the following actions:
1. Incorporates affirmations against human trafficking, forced labor, and child labor, similar and consistent with this Statement, into the Allstate Family of Companies Global Code of Business Conduct as well as the Supplier Code of Ethics.
2. Complies with all local and international labor laws where we do business and operate, often going above and beyond their requirements.
3. Performs due diligence on its existing business partners, as with future potential business partners to ensure suppliers share our approach to human rights and working conditions.
4. Expects a safe and healthy work environment. We expect our suppliers to comply with all applicable safety and health laws and regulations in the countries in which they operate.
5. Establishes processes for all employees to complete an annual compliance confirmation to the Global Code of Business Conduct, both as a new employee and annually thereafter.
6. Provides a telephone hotline and electronic reporting mechanism, including an anonymous option, to every employee in order to report any concern. The Allstate Family of Companies has a strict anti-retaliation policy to protect employees who report a concern.
STEPS TAKEN TO ASSESS AND MANAGE RISK IN SUPPLY CHAIN
We recognize that there may be a risk of slavery and/or human trafficking through organizations with whom Arity contracts for the supply of services or goods.
Consequently, the Sourcing and Procurement Solutions department conducts careful due diligence to ensure that there is no apparent risk of slavery and/or human trafficking. Arity seeks to engage only with reputable suppliers that do not engage in any form of slavery and/or human trafficking.
All such suppliers, who are or want to be a business partner to Arity, are expected to adhere to the requirements of the Supplier Code of Ethics, which incorporates the terms and philosophies of this Statement. Arity suppliers are prohibited from subcontracting services to a third party without Arity’s prior knowledge, due diligence, and consent.