Hindsight is 2020: A year in review
How has driving evolved compared with COVID-19 cases throughout the pandemic?
According to Arity driving data as well as auto insurance claims:
- Drivers who sheltered early are still driving less almost a year later
- Daily commutes looked very different in 2020
- Even as drivers hit the road again, people were still speeding
- More cars were zooming past you at 80+ MPH
- Drivers were less aggressive in going from zero to 60
- Drivers are still taking a break from their brakes
- Despite fewer accidents and faster payouts, auto insurance claims costs increased
- Theft and fraud claims went up, not only for the usual reasons
- Shopping increased, specifically for UBI and mileage-based programs
Find out more by entering your contact information to download our white paper.